Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gratitude












Yesterday I spoke about the idea of tools we have inside of us. Gratitude can be viewed as another great tool we have within us. I am so grateful to the Divine Creator. I have found that being grateful connects me to 'Always Be Om'. With gratitude my heart opens up. Gratitude is like a magnet that draws even more positive things into your life.

I was moved by the beauty of the trees as I drove along the Bronx River Parkway. It was so amazing to see the glorious colors and the light the leaves emanate. When I look at the trees in the fall I veiw it as an analogy of how we should be, or can be. That as we grow, mature, like the trees that become resplendent in color, the leaves fall away and become bare, the tree continues to live. And in the same way the different phases of our lives are like the changing leaves, like the waxing and waning of the moon, the ebb and flow of the tides. We should be like that (the trees, or nature) knowing that we are still alive and not get attached the leaves in wanting them to stay in full bloom forever.

Later on in the day with a friend, I had the opportunity to do some yoga postures in the park. It felt so good to be among the beautiful, colorful trees. I could literally feel the light from the leaves of the trees. It again brought up that feeling of gratitude for the divine beauty. If you don't believe me , try it for yourself.

Until next time, start to cultivate gratitude as a useful tool inside of you to keep you always being present. Always be Om.

2 comments:

*** said...

Oh yes... remembering to be grateful. This just stuck me again this morning. Not that I ever totally forget, but sometimes when the many things we want start to magically manifest, we may forget to say thanks - there are so many gifts coming our way so fast!

I agree, that gratitude is one of the most powerful centering tools we have at our disposal. If we have no time for yoga or other meditation - or if we have the time but perhaps not the inspiration... we can always simply give thanks.

Blessings,

ss

bometernally said...

It's true how some much 'stuff' comes to us so quickly that the days appear to fly by. So comments like yours, encounters with nature, help us to give thanks for the beauty. That gratitude in itself is yoga, union. That act of giving thanks can put us into meditation.

Thank you SS for your comments.