Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Did you have your Cup today?


Most people drink a cup of coffee in the morning to wake up! Personally that is not my cup of tea. My caffeine in the morning is a "cup of music"! I use my chanting to uplift me! I use it throughout the day. It is a great boost to me and keeps me positive.

Check out Tina Turner's take about chanting. Her explanation is great as to how it is part of her life, just like one needs food for energy, shelter over our heads as well as clothes to wear. All of these items are neccessities.

As I was writing this, the realization came to me that everything on this plane, on the planet earth needs some kind of boost. And that boost is essential. I wrote about this earlier in the post on tune up. The plants need sunlight and water or it will die. As a seed it won't sprout. Babies , human beings, pets all need that nurturing contact. These forms can be likened to a cup of coffee. Did you have your cup today?

2 comments:

*** said...

Thank you for sharing Tina Turner's clip. My eyes spontaneously closed and I fell into the resonance of her chant. I'd like to believe all chanting is created equal, but oh, her voice! Jai........

bometernally said...

You are welcome SS! I feel the same way when I listen to it. It's magical the way sound can affect us.

Thank you for your comment!